I have a checklist app on my phone, and on it I keep a list of all the things I’m going to do when I’m slim (or at least slimmer).
It’s full of things that I’d love to do but haven’t got the confidence to do at the moment.
First on the list is Go Blonde. I did start the process last week and I’m not entirely sure I like even having light brown hair. Maybe my confidence just isn’t up to it yet. Going from black to light brown did attract attention and questions from friends and coworkers. I much prefer to hide at the moment. So it’s going back on the list for another time.
Here are a selection of my other list items.
- Bird of prey experience. Get hands on! This I’ve got booked to do with my eldest daughter in April.
- Ride a motorbike. I’ve always loved the idea after riding on my boyfriends when I was 15. I keep saying I’m going to go get my license but with the amount it costs for safety gear I don’t want to buy it until I’m at the same I’m staying at.
- Get a family portrait done. We’ve had lots of photos of the girls done, quite often a selection with a few photos of us in it as well. But I always think my weight spoils them and do date haven’t bought a single one I’m in. I want to be recorded in their lives, but not the way I am. I want to be healthy and vibrant. My girls are what keeps me going on this journey.
- Run a 5k in under 30 minutes. Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I’ve heard, under 30 minutes is a respectable time. I’ve been to the gym and trainers and things in the past and had some great successes. But I’ve never been a runner. It’s something I want to do for me, when there’s less of my to humf down the road.
- Learn to ski. This just looks like amazing fun! I don’t meant I want to be in the olympics, or even go on ski trips, I just want to try it. But again my weight is holding me back. If I were a slim healthy 27 year old falling over during my lesson who cares. But right now, I think I’d more resemble a turtle who’s landed on their back, rolling around madly and can’t get up. Awkward and uncomfortable! No chance I’ll be able to last a lesson without falling either. Where would be the fun in that?
- Last on the list, and a biggy! This one is getting it’s own post as well. Emigrate.
Do you have anything you want to do that you’ve not got the confidence for yet? Anything you’re almost ready to go for? Or something you finally found the confidence to do? I’d love to hear everyone else’s experiences.